As the weather (hopefully) improves through spring into summer and indoor venues close, our archers begin shooting outside at longer distances (up to 100yds).
We create a summer programme listing the club events, major competitions and league matches etc which take place at our Runwell range on certain weekends. Club shooting days take place every Sunday from 2:00pm unless there is a competition, so please check the list below if you want to shoot on a particular day.
Major dates for 2018:
|20/05/2018||Club Target Championships||Western rounds, set up 11:00am, please bring food for tea|
|13/05/2018||Essex Albion League||Away (Ascham)|
|17/06/2018||Essex Albion League Match 2 (BYE)||Albion practice (all welcome). Please arrive in good time to set up with sighters at 11:00am. Additional targets will be available for club members.|
|24/06/2018||Club Clout||Double one-way|
|01/07/2018||Essex Albion League Match 3 vs Grays||Sighters 11:00 (TBC). Additional targets for club members to shoot alongside will be available.|
|07/07/2018||Runwell Sports Club Fun Day||No field access. Help required for public 'have-a-go' sessions!|
|21/07/2018||SCAS WA1440||Volunteers required for field party! No field access.|
|22/07/2018||ECAA WA1440||as above|
|05/08/2018||Essex Albion League Match 4 vs West Essex||Sighters 11:00 (TBC). Additional targets for club members to shoot alongside will be available.|
|01/09/2018||SCAS Junior Championships||Volunteers required for field party. No field access.|
|02/09/2018||Claire Stanford Memorial Tournament||York, Hereford, Bristol rounds. Record Status. Volunteers required for field party. No field access.|
|09/09/2018||Essex Albion League Match 5 vs Chelmsford Tudor Rose *League Final*||Sighters 11:00 (TBC). There will be two matches (4 teams) shooting. Additional targets for club members to shoot alongside will be available.|
* Check the ECAA events page for details of local open competitions throughout the summer.
Club shooting days are great opportunities to shoot with other members, often with coaches in attendance. Distances shot are up to the archer: there is no set format. Everyone is welcome: just introduce yourself to the field captain (usually either Paul or Tim) on arrival.
The field is open throughout the year, of course. If you would like to shoot, please bear in mind the following:
- The main gates are open from approx 7:30am until RSSC close of business – which is subject to change. Please check the RSSC website for details as you may find yourself locked in! If the bar is open, you may want to ask the staff what time they will be locking up.
- Enter your name, date, arrival and departure time in the register found in the first container.
- You must place safety flags along the half-way line, extending from the shooting line to beyond your max distance – this is an insurance requirement. Flag positions are (usually) marked.
- Preferably shoot with at least one other archer and alternate when shooting so that the non-shooting archer can act as lookout.
- You must carry your RSSC membership card AND your AGB membership card: don’t be offended if you’re asked to show either or both.
- Take a mobile phone.